- Public and Educational Planning, Training, and Outreach: Demonstrates outstanding
individuals or organizations that champion and guide highly effective transportation planning,
training and/or outreach activities.
- Emergency and Safety Planning: Incorporates a proactive approach to the prevention
of emergencies, accidents, and unsafe transportation conditions by establishing inherently
safe transportation networks and sound safety planning practices.
- Planning and Environmental Linkages for Livability, Sustainability, and Public Health:
Identifies and considers environmental, community, and economic factors while continuing
to incorporate strategies for transportation plans that provide more transportation choices,
promote equitable and affordable housing, enhance economics, and improve the quality of life for
citizens and public health.
- Transportation, Land-Use, Freight, and Operations Planning Linkages: Links
transportation, land-use, freight, and operations planning to development and investment objectives
for both short and long-range planning and programming.
- Rural, Small, Regional, and Tribal Community Planning: Rural, small, regional,
and Tribal community transportation planning is the process of examining travel and transportation
issues and needs in non-metropolitan areas.
- Modeling and Technology Applications: Includes modeling and technology applications
that graphically represent or simulate transportation systems, projects, or programs.
- Asset Management: Accounts for operating, maintaining, upgrading, and expanding
physical assets effectively throughout their lifecycle. May include business and engineering
practices for resource allocation and utilization, with the objective of better decisionmaking
based upon quality information and well-defined objectives.